Budgetologist, Trainer, International Keynote Speaker
United States | United Kingdom | Canada
Ready for an energetic, lively keynote or breakout session speaker? Inquire about having Phylecia present for your group or event!
“…by far the standout presenter and the person that people took the most from.”
~Paul Chapman, Founder, Marketing JumpLeads
Founder, Marketing JumpLeads
Host, The Game Changers Live
If you have an event where business owners are congregating then you need to have Phylecia there. Not only are her talks genuinely engaging but they cover the exact topic that business owners need to hear – but won’t get to – in the normal walk of their day to day activities
She spoke at our event in the UK recently and was, from the feedback received, by far the standout presenter and the person that people took the most from. On top of that she is great to be around and hugely professional till the last.
Her ability to control the room and react to the ever dynamic situations and timings of an event like ours was superb
I am genuinely pleased we secured her for our event and I hope we are able to do so again soon.
“…connects with the audience quickly and able to hold their attention by making them laugh and really think!”
~Carey Conley, Co-Founder, Infinite Nation
2018 Speaking Gigs
- January 2018 – Polka Dot Powerhouse Highlands Ranch Chapter, Highlands Ranch, CO
- January 2018 – eWomen Network Tucson Chapter, Tucson, AZ
- January 2018 – Infinite Nation University, Phoenix, AZ
- February 2018 – eWomen Network Portland Chapter, Portland, OR
- March 2018 – eWomen Network Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
- March 2018 – Game Changers Live, Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
- May 2018 – Women in Travel Summit, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
- May 2018 – Rise Together Women's Conference, Denver, CO
- June 2018 – eWomen Network Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- June 2018 – Women Talk, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Media Appearances, Mentions & Awards
- 12 Minute Convos with Engel Jones: Meet Phylecia Jones
- The HOW Radio Show: Budgeting and the Survival of Business
- Transform via Travel: Link Coming Soon
- Unstoppable You: Link Coming Soon
- The 7 Minute Mentor: Episode 218-Speaking Up with Mrs. Jones
- Square State: Link Coming Soon
- Girl Gone Frugal: Money, Debt, Freedom, and More
- All About That Brand: Link Coming Soon
- Turn Knowledge to Profit: Link Coming Soon
- Business is Art: Link Coming Soon
- Ditching 9 to 5: Link Coming Soon
- Monversations: Link Coming Soon
- Richer Soul with Rocky Lalvani: Link Coming Soon
- For Your Success with Katie Horner: The Part of Patience in Success
- Experience Pros Radio Show: Crash Budgeting for a Vacation
- Experience Pros Radio Show: Benefits of Budgeting
- NBC Denver 9 News: Holiday Budgeting Tips
- Women of Denver: Budgeting: Making Budgeting a Priority for Entrepreneurs
- Terry TV: Link Coming Soon
- Experience Pros Television Show: Business Brain Storm Panel
- Experience Pros Television Show: Business Owners and Salaries
Live Stream Appearances
- New Fab You Summit w/ Doris Burch: Interview
- Excellence Expected: Free Coaching Friday w/ Mark Asquith
- Talk it Out Tuesday with CRConversation: Fortune in the Follow Up
- Talk it Out Tuesday with CRConversation: What the Hell Do You Sell?
- SheWorks with Sable Badaki: Budgeting Your Money
- AICI Global Magazine: October 2017 Financial Edition
- eWomen Network Denver Chapter: Entrepreneur Courage Award, 2017
- Colorado Business Women: Rookie of the Year, 2016
- Denver Business Journal: 40 Under 40 Nominee, 2016
- Experience Pros Radio Show: Best in Business, 2016
- Experience Pros Radio Show: Best Money Coach, 2015
- Experience Pros Radio Show: Website Mention
2017 Speaking Engagements
- January 2017 – Vision is Victory, Phoenix, AZ
- January 2017 – Women of Denver, Denver, CO
- February 2017 – eWomen Network Central New Jersey, Aberdeen, NJ
- May 2017 – Infinite Nation University, Phoenix, AZ
- May 2017 – eWomen Network MoCo, Montgomery County, MD
- May 2017 – 30 Seconds of Brave, Centennial, CO
- July 2017 – Live Panel Interview of Laura Love (CEO-Ground Floor Media), eWomen Network Denver, Centennial, CO
- July 2017 – Leadership & Legacy Retreat, Centennial, CO
- August 2017 – Premier Success Coaching, eWomen Network, Dallas, TX
- August 2017 – Booster Biz Education, Denver, CO
- August 2017 – WordCamp Denver, Denver, CO
- August 2017 – Colorado Business Women Professional Development, Greenwood Village, CO
- August 2017 – Women & Wine, Castle Rock, CO
- October 2017 – WordCamp Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- October 2017 – Millionaire Roundtable Meetup, FinCon, Dallas, TX
- October 2017 – Success Incubator Roundtable, Dallas, TX
- November 2017 – eWomen Network Phoenix Chapter, Phoenix, AZ
- November 2017 – iThemes Community Training, Virtual, International
- November 2017 – The Denver Boss Babes Collective, Arvada, CO
- December 2017 – Passionate Podcaster, Virtual, US
2016 Speaking Engagements
- January 2016 – Vision is Victory, Phoenix, AZ
- February 2016 – SheWorks Telesummit, Virtual, US
- February 2016 – American Institute of Graphic Artists Buzz Event, Denver, CO
- March 2016 – The Results Map Experience Retreat, Morrison, CO
- April 2016 – South Metro Denver Chamber, Women in Business, Centennial, CO
- May 2016 – Polka Dot Powerhouse Arvada Chapter, Westminster, CO
- June 2016 – The Results Map Experience Retreat, Morrison, CO
- June 2016 – Colorado Business Women, Greenwood Village, CO
- June 2016 – Professional Development, Colorado Business Women, Greenwood Village, CO
- July 2016 – Colorado Social Media Crew, Englewood, CO
- July 2016 – Fit Financial Consulting, Aurora, CO
- August 2016 – Leadership & Legacy, Phoenix, AZ
- October 2016 – eWomen Network Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, CO
- October 2016 – INU Vision Boot Camp, Virtual
- November 2016 – Polka Dot Powerhouse Denver Chapter, Denver, CO
2015 Speaking Engagements
- January 2015 – Infinite Nation Meetup, Centennial, CO
- March 2015 – Experience Pros Business Training & Networking, Centennial, CO
- March 2015 – Northern Commerce City Business Owners Group, Commerce City, CO.
- April 2015 – Polka Dot Powerhouse Arvada Chapter, Westminster, CO
- May 2015 – Extreme Relationship Management, Centennial, CO
- August 2015 – Leadership & Legacy Retreat, Denver, CO
- August 2015 – August Extravaganza Business Expo, Loveland, CO
- December 2015 – The Results Map Experience, Virtual
During a 5-year span of getting rid of $25,000+ in debt, managing to increase a net worth to over $500,000 and leaving a 6-figure salaried job to start a business, Phylecia Jones realized that that millionaire status does not happen overnight!
With a Bachelor’s in Computer Science and a Master’s in Systems Engineering, Phylecia proudly served 13 years as a civilian Computer Scientist for the US Navy and Department of Defense, supporting sailors and soldiers across the world, but realized that it was not enough. At the age of 36 years old, she took an early retirement and started a journey that would forever change her life… entrepreneurship.
As the CEO of Keep up with Mrs. Jones LLC, Creator of Budget School, a premier business financial education platform, and Host of the Budget School Podcast, Phylecia is the savvy go-to budgeting nerd, speaker, and trainer. She thrives on changing the world one budget at-a-time and is opening the door for many solo entrepreneur coaches and consultants to have that must needed wake-up call to get serious about managing money and knowing their numbers.
Because working hard with no play is just silly, Phylecia is an avid traveler and loves exploring the world with her video game developer husband. They live the DINK (dual-income-no-kids) life with a very happy Border Terrier and a skittish Manx kitty in Colorado. Their current budget goal… sailing a 42-foot catamaran in the Caribbean!
Popular Talks & Trainings
Wake Up and Stop Sucking at Budgeting
Managing that thin line of business and personal finances is the very big elephant in the room for many entrepreneurs. Budgetologist, Phylecia Jones draws from her own journey of managing money and from the many obstacles she has witnessed with clients to address the core principles it takes to stop sucking at budgeting! Phylecia breakdowns the phases it takes to have a big wake up call with money management and delivers a powerful action plan to get started immediately with a successful business budget and spending plan.
- The wake up call needed to manage business finances better
- A light bulb moment realizing that budgeting, accounting and bookkeeping are not the same thing
- The importance of giving yourself a salary, no matter what
- How a budget actual gives power in making good business decisions
- A quick and creative way to get started with a one-year business budget and spend plan
Build Lasting Authority on a $0 Budget
Becoming an authority is the number one way to getting clients and having a successful business. But with most solopreneurs, limited funds and the constant fear of increasing financial debt is a major challenge when it comes to jump starting business and building a brand. In this talk, Budgetologist Phylecia Jones takes a page from her own success in building lasting authority and breaks down one of the most effective marketing methods available to solopreneurs… speaking! Phylecia delivers on hacking social media to find speaking gigs to seamlessly converting clients… all while on a $0 budget.
- The best sales funnel marketing tool for solopreneurs to get new clients and followers
- What increases the chances of getting a YES when pitching for speaking gigs
- The best steps to getting organized and prepared to build authority
- Why social media is the best FREE tool for finding the right audiences for presentations
- That saving money on cheap and effective marketing is the best method to move business forward
Hi Honey! Did You Get Paid Today? The Entrepreneur Journey
With tons of networking on the books and very few booked clients, Phylecia walked in the door from a long day of being a business owner to her husband asking, “Did you get paid today?” At that moment, Phylecia finally understood that the journey of being an entrepreneur is not an easy one and filled with a lot of “ah-ha” moments. From realizing she was a long way from her roots in Alabama to the sunny beaches of California to the world of entrepreneurship, having tech degrees and book smarts, did not prepare her for the lessons learned about money, what motivation really means, and knowing that the blue-print of life can be changed at any time. The major theme of this talk is centered around opportunity lost and opportunity found all from an unlikely source… money. Phylecia dives into heartfelt storytelling to take the audience on a journey of fear, missed moments, and finding the confidence to live the life she was meant to live.
- That having patience is the key ingredient to living the life you deserve
- Understanding your ‘why' and what will keep you motivated when things don’t go as planned
- That the money mindset you have is a major player in the decisions you make
- Weighing risks and opportunities are an important phase of life
- Embracing failure at every turn and realizing that it is a major lesson point
- Having confidence and knowing that it is the true ingredient of success
Director of Operations, KA Inc
Phylecia has a special charm in the way she speaks. She is able to engage the audience while staying light and comfortable. She is able to get the group to respond to her questions and you can tell they are interested in what she is saying.
Co-Founder, Infinite Nation
She is thorough with her information, but also connects with the audience quickly and able to hold their attention by making them laugh and really think! Not an easy task for a speaker especially when talking about money.
Organizer & Founder, Boost Denver
Phylecia's passion comes through as she uniquely stirs an audience to greater engagement and renewed commitment to get the numbers lined up so greater heights can be achieved.
Speaker Assets & Kit
As the CEO of Keep Up with Mrs. Jones LLC, Creator of Budget School, a premier business financial education platform, and Host of the daily morning show Ask the Budgetologist, Phylecia Jones is the savvy go-to budgeting nerd, international speaker, and trainer. After serving as a civilian Scientist and Engineer for the US Navy, Phylecia launched her skills into changing the world one budget-at-a-time and is now opening the door for many solo entrepreneur coaches and consultants to have that must needed wake-up call to get serious about managing money. Since being a money nerd is not enough, Phylecia's life has included traveling the world, being a professional cheerleader, 100hrs towards being a yacht captain… and achieving an eclectic list of random cool things!
Stop booking boring money experts that will have your audience tuning out and checking email!
With humorous stories around money and solopreneurship, audiences not only get entertained, but walk away with knowing that the word ‘Budget's is the best thing to happen to their vocabulary and having a powerful shift in money mindset.